2 peeled tomatoes (can use canned)
2 lbs spinach or two 10 oz packages thawed frozen spinach
4 tbs unsweetened natural peanut butter
approximately 1 cup water
salt, pepper, oil
1. In a saucepan, fry sliced onions in oil until soft; can add pinch of cayenne for added heat. At the same time, set 1 cup water to boil.
2. Slice tomatoes and add to onions.
3. Chop spinach coarsely, or if using thawed, separate the mass.
4. Add spinach to tomatoes and onions, cover, cook over medium heat for five minutes, occasionally stirring.
5. Make a paste of peanut butter and hot water--you won't need all of the water, just enough to thin the paste to a soupy consistency.
6. Add peanut butter paste to rest of stew, season with salt and pepper, then cook for 5-10 minutes, stirring and/or adding remaining hot water to prevent sticking.