Your email should include:
* Why the person you're suggesting would be a good program participant for Readercon (which includes good panel behavior as well as relevant knowledge).
* Why the person is uniquely interesting and awesome.
* What sorts of program items they'd be good on. (Feel free to use specific examples: "When I was at the discussion of Mary Shelley's Frankenstein, I found myself really missing my friend the Shelley scholar...")
Your email might also include:
* A brief (brief!) paragraph of relevant background information.
* Links to things the person has written.
* A pitch for a talk, discussion, event, or other program item.
Really don't bother with:
* A full CV, resume, or biography.
* Anything that looks like a form letter. (Yes, this happens.)
* Offers to bribe us, even in jest.
We explicitly encourage applications from and recommendations of women, QUILT*BAG folks, people of color, people with disabilities, and other members of minority groups. Diverse voices make for better conversations.
Send your applications and recommendations to email@example.com. Thanks for helping us to make Readercon even better!